In XP system, and probably Vista and 7, you might find a process called 'mdm.exe'. It take at least 800kb to 1MB of RAM, and here I am going to tell you what is mdm.exe and how to disable it.
Now to tell you what is it, mdm.exe is a Machine Debug Manager which is instralled with the Script Editor and gives you the permit to debug script in Internet Explorer.
But it could also be a virus as some virus use system process name like mdm.exe etc to cover themselves from power user. But if you sure it is not a virus, you can use the following step to disable it from starting.
Open Control Panel (Classic View) > Administrative Tools > Services
Now find the service named Machine Debug Manager. Right Click it and choose Properties. At the dropdown menu, click it and choose Manual or Disable. I disable it because I am not a programmer or web developer. Restart XP and NO more mdm.exe!



4 comments:
it is disabled but i still get messages outside internet explorer.
Yeah! you shared a very useful content but forgot to share about to disable this process permanently. So if anybody wanna disable this mdm process permanently then visit this link.
That is nice, but what about the CA MDM showing up in Task Manager, but it not listed anywhere under the Admin tools in services??
I cannot find the file mdm.exe either.
Post a Comment
Please No Spam!